Saturday, March 7, 2015

Slice of Life Day 7: Siblings, Weddings, and Showers....Oh My!

I made it to Minnesota! And there is less snow here than at home! Go figure!

My mom and I flew out here to attend one of my future-sister-in-law's bridal showers.

My baby brother is 3.5 years younger than me. He is getting married in May about five months before me. He graduates from college the week before his wedding.

I'm pretty sure my mom thinks we are trying to kill her with having our weddings that close together. And it's even odder since my brother and I have never been particularly close. I'm pretty sure if you looked up sibling rivalry in the dictionary you would find me and my brother. It's not that we don't love each other, we just love competing with one another. There for some reason has always been a sense of competition between us.

After the wedding they will be moving back out home and will be living with my parents. I can tell you that we function way better several states apart.

It has been an interesting balancing act, especially for my mom, dealing with the attention that two weddings take. I have to hand it to my mom she has done an amazing job of making things be separate never talking about one wedding when doing something for the other. She has done such a great job of making us both feel special throughout all of this.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your mom has been doing a super job balancing all this for a long, long time; Congrats to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you made it there safely!! I love how your mom is able to love you both!! Enjoy the shower and safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you'll both grow closer as the adult years bring weddings, babies, and the realities of life. I know my kids keep growing closer and rely on each other though living miles apart at this time. Blessings on both weddings! D :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy time for your family. Your mother is wise in how she focuses on one event and then the other. Good luck with your wedding plans...and hope to read about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got married in August, and my older sister (about 20 months older) got married the March after. It kept my parents busy for sure. My sister wasn't thrilled that I ended up getting engaged before her. Fun memories though.

    ReplyDelete